Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Timpanogos Cave Outing

My older sister Ann came down on Monday, and brought my nephew Tanner who is nine (they were off track), and we went hiking up to Timpanogos Cave! I've never done it before, and it was so much fun! My calves ache today though, so I know that I got a work out. The mountains are just beautiful this time of year, and the cave was really neat. I've never been in one, so I was a little scared, but it was mainly just cold. They are living caves (still growing), so there was lots of water, and it was neat to see the different formations from the water coming in. I was "kissed" by the cave when it dripped on me. It is supposed to be good luck, so we'll see. Thanks guys, it was tons of fun!

Tanner and Ann in front of the "Heart of Timpanogos"

Going down deeper into the cave! Looks like the head of a dinosaur

Tanner and I in front of a huge flowstone, backbacks in front so they don't touch anything

From the cave mouth, beautiful colors of fall

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey there! We were in Park City last weekend and the drive is very beautiful...though in the next few weeks, the colors will start popping even more. Hope you are having a great week. Talk to you later- Sarah

Kate said...

isn't that cave cool? i'm glad you got to go!