Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

We hope that everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day! I sure did. My casanova surprised me, and the surprises just kept coming. On Friday he told me to be ready by the time he came home, and to dress up. I love dressing up, so already I was pretty excited. He then took me to the best restaurant in Utah, no joke, Chef's Table, which was voted best tasting in Utah, and even Fleming's was like third. Anyway, so a great place where I ordered tenderloin and Nathan had chicken marsala. Soooo good. I had salad beforehand, and he had the Butternut Squash soup. Oh-my-gosh. The soup was like heaven in my mouth. Then out comes the meat, and both have this sauce, with these buttermilk mashed potatoes, vegetables, and what was great is that this place also does portion control. So the servings really are what you are supposed to get, not at like Chili's where your plate has 3600 calories on it. Anyway, the meal was fantastic, and we think that we are now connisour's of fine dining. So we've decided that we'll eat out less so that we can go to some place like that more.

Butternut Squash soup was heaven in my mouth

Next we went to Italian Gellato for some fine Italian ice cream, I had just suggested that we get some ice cream at the grocery store and then head home. Again, surprised! After that I thought we were going home when Nathan pulls into the parking garage of the Marriott, and says, we're here! What?!?! Yep, he had gotten us a room, and it had been up graded, so we got an awesome room for the night, and when we got there, I discovered Nathan had put chocolates on the floor and roses and rose petals on the bed. So romantic. It was a splendid night, and I loved every minute of it. I feel so blessed and special, and I like both feelings a lot. THANK YOU Nathan for everything!!!

The beautiful bed

The one who masterminded the whole night. Nathan is a 10 on my casanova scale =)

5 comments:

Kate said...

Aww, what a special night! That's so fun. We spent our valentines at home with me throwing up from a migraine. FUN. :) Glad you had enough fun for us, too!

Bingham Fam said...

What a great guy you got yourself. Looks like things are going well for you. Your baby bump is nothing...my goodness you are too cute!

The Hiller Family said...

What an awesome evening! It may be different next year with a little baby, but hopefully the romance will remain! happy V-day!

Esther said...

Oh that is so much fun! I absolutely LOVE the Chef's table. Not that we've been there much but its fantastic isn't it! Glad you had such a great day! Good job Nathan!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Way to go Nathan! You scored big points with your cute wifey! How fun! BTW I love the picture of you with Gr-ma Hiller and Gr-ma Haworth, they really are wonderful women!