Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Update

I had another OB visit this week, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time!! Last time they couldn't find it with the doppler, so I had an ultrasound, which is fun but I couldn't exactly tell what I was looking at. It made me feel like a bad mother, I couldn't even recognize my own baby:) Not really, but I did get a picture early so that was neat. This time though after I've heard the heartbeat it seems more real to me. Everything is going great, and many can be jealous that even when I would feel slightly, and we are talking slightly, sick before at nighttime, it is ALL gone now, and my energy is back! Belly pictures to come this week when I look cute for the camera, instead of just getting back from school all the time :)

The other neat thing regarding babies was I was in the admit nursery for my OB clinical this week for school, and I LOVED it! That is the kind of nursing I want to go into now for sure, OB/ Labor & Delivery. I got to see live births of both kinds, do apgar scores, newborn assessments, give first baths, give first shots, and I'm even in a few family photos holding the baby up in the nursery window! Yep, it was just about the best ever, I even lost track of time because we were so busy and it was so fun that my instructor had to come find me to tell me it was time to go :)

6 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Hey you guys... it's the Hillers!! We are so excited to hear that you are expecting! Congratulations!! We hope everything is going well with the baby as well as work and school!
We are also expecting July 4th!

Tiffeny said...

I'm so excited for you! Hearing the heartbeat is the best. How far along are you now? It gets even better when the baby starts to kick! I miss that! Let's get together Kendra. It's pathetic that we live so close and never see each other (other than passing and waving!)!

Angela said...

I'm guessing you're having a boy since you are exactly how I was. Can't wait to see those belly shots!

Kristi said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well! That branch of nursing seems like the perfect fit for you. I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues as well as it has so far. I was never really sick either, and sometimes I felt guilty about it. Don't do that, it was silly. Just count yourself lucky, and keep up the awesome baby making!

Kate said...

Awww I loved hearing the heartbeat for the first time. I remember I got all choked up because it made me realize that there really was a little person growing inside of me! Being pregnant is so incredible.

How neat that you got to have those nursing experiences! It seems like being an OB nurse or in Labor and Delivery are among the most coveted positions... and I completely understand! Those first moments of life are so incredible. They really make you feel like you're standing at the veil.

I'm glad that you're feeling great and have your energy back! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute belly (even though you're probably barely showing!)!

John and Victoria said...

your school stuff sounds awesome! I'm so jealous, I can't wait until I get to do that. And good thing it didn't make you dread your 6 months awy trip to the hospital... how exciting! By the way I can't wait to see cute prego pictures of you and see the pictures of your mini-manwaring!