Sunday, September 26, 2010

Labor Day Fun :)

Labor Day weekend we did something I've wanted to do since I've moved to Utah, we went to the National Sheepdog Trials in Midway. I thought it was interesting at least. The dogs were amazing. It was just like in the movie "Babe", the dog goes out this huge distance, a few acres away, and brings back the sheep, through gates, even seperates them into two groups. All the while the handler has to stand within a five foot radius of a pole at the beginning of the course. It was crazy! We also snuck Lady in. We were staying that night in Park City with Matt and Aubreigh, so we couldn't leave Lady. I happened upon a free enterance ticket from an older couple who was leaving, and we saw that "spectator dogs" were not allowed in, but we couldn't just leave her in the car. Well, I was going to just try to pretend like I knew what I was doing, and see if I could just walk in. If I could get in, then Nathan would buy a ticket, if not, then no money was lost. I gave my ticket, and started in, when one of the ticket takers asked "are you participating?", before I could respond, the other ticket taker said "duh, she has a border collie". So I just walked on in. It was neat to see, but I'm glad we only had to pay for one ticket. Then we walked around Swiss Days later that day.

In the foreground is the handler next to the white post, up on the hill is where the border collie is bringing down the sheep

James and Daddy taking a water break at Swiss Days...everything was Swiss,
including Swiss Tacos? That one I think they just made up.

Saturday we had a fun hike up at Deer Valley with Matt and Aubreigh, and some new friends of theirs. We took the lift up, hiked a little, but it was pretty chilly. On the way back down, Matt and Aubreigh took James, we got to trail run down. Wow, was that fun!! Afterwards we just hung out and had a great dinner together.

James riding in style, with the lift in the background

At the top of this mountain, it was actually pretty cold, I wish I had worn pants.

Kendra at the very, very, tip top of the mountain

James and Quinn having a baby conversation :) I wonder what they say to each other....

Sunday we had the opportunity to go back to Provo for Michelle and Ryan's new baby Tyler's blessing. We are sure excited for their new little one to be here. I love that ward!! It was great seeing old friends!! The Murry's, the Hyde's, the Curry's, the Wright's, and the Williams' just to name a few. I realized that I loved that ward because after three years, I knew lots of people, and had good friends there, friends that I'll keep in touch with for a long time. I will always remember that ward!

Some BYU 103rd friends in there! Boy do I miss that ward :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

That looks like a fun trip! We loved hiking up at Park City with Hannah too... it's so beautiful up there!

John and Victoria said...

The sheepdog trials look like so much fun! The hike looks beautiful1