Friday, September 10, 2010

Colorado Here We Come...

We just got back from visiting Colorado. The main reason will be a post all its own so stay tuned, but we did do some really fun things while there in addition. I was able to really reconnect with some old friends, and hopefully we will stay more in touch :)

Lunch at the park with Bishop "Grandpa" Colman. We try to visit with the Colmans each time we are in town. What an awesome guy, we did visit "Grandma" Colman too, but she was sick this day and we didn't get a picture :(.

James and Mommy at an Englewood High School football game. That brought back lots of memories of pep band, and it was fun to watch. EHS won too as a bonus!

The Denver Temple at night

My best friend from high school, Heather, and I got to reconnect, and we're going to stay in better touch now! I'm excited for that. We did so much together in high school that it was great talking about what we've been up to.

My baby James and Kristine, my old Young Women's leader. She is so gorgeous, and I loved visiting her! She is still such a good example to me, and a great mom to her cute kids.

And then crazy random, my mom and I were witness to this accident. This van hit the other parked van. I ran to the scene to see if anyone was hurt, and the man in the car got out. I told him to stay still, I was calling the police, and he was trying to get his car unhooked, I then realized he was going to leave, so I started yelling to stay there in the car (I think I would have a made a good cop), and another neighbor was right next to me, yelling the same thing. The man was reving the engine, but the van was stuck. Then the neighbor pulls out a GUN to get the guy to stay in the van (the driver was obviously under the influence by some substance). I'm on the phone with police this whole time, then when I say there is a gun, boy do they get worried. The neighbor had a permit, so he was okay, and then the driver LEFT ON FOOT! Not very well mind you, he was very drunk, but I was a little scared and got behind some other cars because I didn't know if he would pull a gun on the neighbor who had a gun. Anyway, the neighbor walks with the man down the block, yelling for him to stop. He put his gun in his truck and locked it by now, police get there, and start patting the neighbor down, then he tells his side, and he wasn't in trouble. However, the driver of the van wasn't cooperating, and the police pulled out a tazer on him. Holy cow! Anyway, I give my whole story to police, the driver is arrested for a DUI, and a hit and run, and this was the most excitement ever on my block, and I just happened to be home. I also had been parking about right there all week, so I was glad I decided to park around the corner that day. Luckily no one was hurt, but that is my crazy random story.

4 comments:

Karissa said...

That is one crazy story! I'm glad you didn't get hurt, and I'm glad that guy got caught! Good thing people under the influence can't run very well ;-)

Kate said...

That accident story is kind of scary! I'm glad that you all ended up okay and that they caught that guy! You got to visit with some great old friends and got some fantastic pictures!

Romy said...

That's something I could picture happening in TX where everyone carries a gun. I'm glad you're all well and that the guy got what he deserved.

Bingham Fam said...

I cant believe James is 1! Happy Birthday buddy!!! Wow time really flies when you are not the one having the baby...haha! Ken, you look so beautiful and so happy. I am so happy for you. You seem to be so blessed and just so happy. I still think of you often. Lots of love, Cam