Sunday, August 30, 2009

James visits Franklin

We took James up to Franklin, ID to visit with our cousin's Mike and Misty Porter, and Grandpa and Grandma Haworth. On Saturday I went horseback riding with Tate, and it was so much fun! I've wanted to go, but you cannot while pregnant, so I listened to the doctor on that one. Anyway, Tate and I took the older horse out, Frosty. I guess she's been around for forever, but it is perfect because she is great with kids! Later that day Mike and Misty were partly in charge of a Demolition Derby for their ward's youth fundraiser. It was HUGE! So much planning probably had to go into that, I'm glad I didn't have to do it. However, we took the job of watching Tate for the evening, and it was like we had two sons, which I liked. Tate was so good, and a big helper, I hope that I can raise James to be that way. Here are some pictures:

Kendra and Tate


Nathan and James, Misty and Taylee


Demolition Derby, Ifelt kind of sorry for the cars, but it was fun to watch!



We also went fourwheeling around the farm and had a wonderful dinner with everyone. Don't worry, we weren't going fast or anything.

A view of the farm

Driving one of Grandpa's trucks through the riverbottoms


Going fourwheeling, Grandpa even came along :)


Nathan, James, and Kendra, our little one is already so active! We love being parents and taking James along on fun things. Thanks Mike and Misty for letting us come up and visit!

4 comments:

Karissa said...

Looks like a super fun trip! =)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE DEMOLITION DERBIES! I used to go to those all the time. I'm jealous! Also jealous you got to go see Grandma and Grandpa. Cute pictures!

Kate said...

That looks like a fun trip! I'm glad little James is sleeping through it all and letting you guys get out and have your fun! :)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Looks like you're getting your use out of your Baby Bjorn. You guys seem to be just as adventurous even with the little guy. That's great! He's a cute little boy and will get more and more fun everyday. I will e-mail you the addresses. I'm excited to get it in the mail! I love fun mail.:)