Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Denver Trip 09

I've now seen my family before the baby is born. My grams sold her home in Parker, CO, and I wanted to go and see it one last time. It was the best trip that I've had with my parents and sister, probably ever. We went to the zoo (yeah, I know, I'm really into zoo's lately, and now it is fun to compare them), haven't been there in at least 12 years, and it is STILL the best zoo in my opinion, it was perfect weather, and the animals were all out and active!

A few monkeys escaped from the monkey house :)

Kirstin said, "you know you haven't been to the zoo in a while when you know the animals in the statues". This is of Klondike and Snow, twin Polar Bear cubs born at the zoo when we were little.

Kirstin, Kendra (baby at 32 weeks), Mr. Lion, Mom, and Dad

Am I as big as this elephant? 32 week baby bump

Kirstin and I stopped by the Denver Temple. I LOVED the weather while there, nice in the day, and then it would get stormy in the afternoons, and it was nice and warm, but not ridiculously hot!!

Watching a huge storm outside at Grams's house. We did see a tornado, but off in the distance, illuminated by the lightning. We'll miss that window and view for sure!

Bye house on Wagon Wheel Way, I'll sure miss that place. There is a new walking trail by her house, and it was great hiking with my parents and sister on it. Next time I see my family, there will be a new member to welcome :)

5 comments:

Life Is What We Make It! said...

ahhh! too bad! we're going to be in parker next satuday the 27th! dang!

Kate said...

Family trips are so fun, and I'm glad you had a great time and didn't get hit by that tornado! I bet it was hard to say goodbye to your Grams' place... you loved going there and visiting her! Where is she living now? I'm jealous of all of your zoo visits... We want to head up to the Hogle Zoo sometime this summer. And I'm pretty sure you're smaller than that elephant. :) I can't believe you're 32 weeks! So close to having him here! Do you guys have a name picked out yet?

John and Victoria said...

It's nice that you were able to get home and see your family before the big upcoming life change. Trips home are always so nice. Like Kate said, I can't believe that you're already 32 weeks! only 2 months left, I can't wait to see the handsome little guy! Well, in the picture of you and Kirsten with the statue you don't even look pregnant. In the family picture you look like you've got a cute baby bump and in the elephant one I was shocked, you're not quite as big as the elephant but I'm wondering if maybe you're growing your own little elephant in there! How much more room is there in you for a baby to grow for 2 more months??? I have to say you are definitely in the "cute pregnant girl" category. I'm so excited for you!

Ashley said...

Do you have a name picked out yet... you are so close girl... I am just a week or two behind you... Good luck with everything:)

The Tanners said...

Kendra, you are so funny. You do not look like that elephant....you look amazing. Wow! It's coming soon huh...the fun part. Really, you look awesome. I am so excited for you guys. Hope you are feeling good. Sure miss you!
Love,
Aunt Sherri