Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salem and Provo Triathlons

Did the Provo Tri today, bringing the total number under my belt to 4 (2 olympics and 2 sprint). I had a pretty solid race coming in 14th out of the 164 people who entered the race, and 2nd in the Male 25-29 division (I got a medal! thought it would never happen)...

Next step: learn/train to run a 20min 5k. I think if I knew what it felt like to run a 6:00min mile I would know better how to make my body go faster during a race. Anyway, more detail and a recap on the Salem Tri (from May) and pics coming soon.

~Nathan

P.S. below are 2 pictures: 1st from the Salem Tri this year, 2nd from the Kokopelli tri last year (for comparison)


Sprint Run: Feeling good!

Olympic run.... very tired


6 comments:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Way to go Nathan! That's so awesome! I hope someday both Jeff and I can do one together, we'll have to come to you for tips. (Oh, and about the cholesterol thing... I think genetics are involved, and lifestyle definitely plays a big part, both Jeff and I have pretty low numbers; but I think the conditions of the testing can play a part too i.e. how long you've fasted before the test. Last time Jeff had his cholesterol tested for insurance purposes, his total number was below 100....extremely low. He has a very low number anyway, but other things come into play too.)

Maria said...

When I first read this post I thought it was Kendra! I was gonna say 32 weeks and doing a triathlon... wow you are amazing and crazy! haha but Kendra you look great and are getting so close! Are you guys gonna be in Denver at all this summer? We will be there end of July through the beginning of August then again at the end of August. It would be fun to meet up!

The Tanners said...

Way to go Nathan! You look awesome! I am so impressed.
Love,
Aunt Sherri

Kristi said...

Hot shorts Nathan! :)

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

wow you look like your dad in the bottom picture!