Friday, April 4, 2008

Lost...but then Found

So, I just had one of the scariest experiences...I lost my wedding ring! I had put my rings on, and then was packing to go to Idaho this weekend and doing homework, put some laundry in, looked down and...**gasp***, one of my rings was gone! I started retracing my steps, but as anyone who has been to my house knows there isn't a whole lot of stuff on the floors, actually nothing because Lady makes sure I keep it clean, or she'll eat it. So I am looking everywhere, but know it must be in the house, when time runs out and I have to go to class. I leave my other rings here since my hands are cold and that obviously isn't doing well to have them cold. After my lab I come home, and meticulously take out all the laundry, and then...I hear it! The distinguishable sound of a circular metal object hitting the bottom of the washer. I found it! It was also so clean, maybe I'll think about "losing" all my rings in the washer next time. On the other hand, probably not!

1 comments:

Kate said...

scary scary scary!!!! i never take my rings off anymore, because i took them off once to knead some dough, and it took me like 30 minutes to find them... at least i did find them, but 30 minutes of panic made me realize i never want to go through that again! i don't care if they get scratched up or worn... at least i know where they are! :)