Tuesday, November 28, 2017

June 2017

 Happenings in June:

I started my bird docent training with Hawkwatch International, a non-profit group based in Salt Lake City that teaches about conservation through research, long-term studies, and educational programs of raptors to show the health of our shared environment.

I got sub-permitted on Kotori, a Great Horned Owl that is a human imprint.  Each bird that I am sub-permitted on takes at least 5 hours of training, and only one week an hour.  This bird right here represents all of June! The Hawkwatch educators started me on the biggest birds rather than the smaller ones.  I am loving this and these animals are amazing!

We got tickets to go to an Ogden Raptors baseball game!
Cute buddies!

Once Daddy met us there we were able to get a snowcone.  

Tanner got his Eagle Scout award, and we were all able to be there! 
Nathan wore his old scout uniform, and James wore his brand new cub scout uniform!

Jordan and I matched!  This outfit was Nathan's when he was a baby.  I didn't even realize we matched until we were there and I looked down at both of us :)

I ran the Morgan Half Marathon with my Irish dance friend Katie!
We almost missed each other, I saw her finally after we had started the race.  I'm so proud of her.  She had never run 13.1 miles before! I made up a plan and we both were able to get fit and follow it. 


  Jack was looking great in a hat that Nathan won at one of his races

On of the weekends we had Rich and Rachelle's kids for a day and a half, plus our own, while they were out of town.   Cute cousins had a great time together.
We went horseback riding...


Riding horses with the cousins

Then Kathy came to get them and we all headed to the Children's Museum at the Gateway mall. ..

...Lego race cars...


These two were car mechanics 

The whole group

Jack the mailman 


He likes to work on cars...

We got to have all of the Rich and Rachelle Manwaring kids for a night and a day.  We had a picnic on the front yard with tin foil dinners.  I liked them, but probably next time we'll do hot dogs and hamburgers.  I was trying to be fancy (ha!).

Bringing the high chair to the front yard. 

That same weekend Nathan did the SA-LO race in Salem, UT, and did great!


Winning the crit, the individual time trial, and the road race.  Pretty cool!  
(And he had left for the whole day that we had cousins over.  If he's going to be gone I like that he does well at the race.  But of course the most important is being safe)

Grandma and Papa had grandparent week at the farm.  It started off with the three littles Emily,
Michael, and Jonathan.  Those three weren't going to stay overnight so they got some good time just them at the beginning of the day.  I then had a lot of the day to hang out in Franklin with just Jordan.  Nathan needed to work, so he set up shop at the Porter's.  I had to wait to come back for dinner, so we explored a bit.

We went to the cemetary and walked around for a long time.  Jordan and I looked at all of the family names, and had a little picnic with Grandpa and Grandma.  Boy do I miss them. 

Also during June it was going to be the Haworth's wedding anniversary, and the whole family had planned on a big celebration.  The Manwaring clan had already rented a cabin to stay in, so we decided to come anyway and celebrate each other.  
Jason's family and ours still came, and we had a blast!

At the cabin and all the kids doing pop-its

What happens when you want to hike but forgot to bring a hiking backpack or a front carrier?  Use a regular backpack of course! He still liked it. 


Exploring around at our hike

My handsome boy, his new glasses, and an overflowing and fast moving creek/river behind.

It was just so, so, so green!

Picnic time!


It was father's day weekend, and we love this Daddy of ours!

I loved going to the Franklin ward.  Mike and Misty were there, and it is just so nice up there. 

A cookout out back of the cabin...

So many neat places to explore!  I love that my kids love that!


Smore's for Jordan, he was a fan!
But oh so messy.

Also in June we had the Beckstrom's over, and it was hot so we ate in the front yard.  Everything was going great until...

Shawn fell through the seat!  It was compounded because at the place they were right before this, he had broken a seat also!!!  

Then they took us over to look at their new house.  It's going to be awesome, I can't wait to go and hang out there :)  Bailey and Jaycee were watching the kids at our house while we had just run over, and while we were gone, Jack had hurt his hand on the trampoline.  It was swollen, and I worried he had a dislocated finger.  I did see a doctor friend up here, and he said if it still looked that bad in the morning to take him in.  Well, it did, so I took him in and his first joint of his pointer finger had a hairline crack in it.  

We were in the middle of swimming lessons, and Jack didn't want to miss any because of a cast.  The doc said we could do a soft wrap of it, and check in a few weeks if it had healed.  If not, then a hard cast would be needed.  I told him thanks, and knock on wood we wouldn't be back again for awhile...

Off to swim lessons straight from there.
This little fish loved the water.  
On this same day, Jonathan was sitting on the steps in the pool, slipped (how you slip when sitting?) , hit his chin on the side of the pool and split it open.  
Blood everywhere, and then he was crying so hard he proceeded to throw up (at least that was on the side of the pool and not in it).  Right back to the doc again for stitches!  Ha!  So much for not seeing the doc again!

Funny faces before swimming

A) James played baseball this year, and loved it!  He was great at it.  In his words "I have found my sport".  How cool!  Papa and Grandma came to a game!
B) That same day his glasses came in.  Now he says he can see the ball so much better!  He got his glasses and hit the ball the next inning...I'd say he can see now!


When you love swimming so much and you find your goggles in the diaper bag during church...
3 year olds can pull off that look.
#YOLO 

0 comments: