Monday, November 23, 2009

Tribute to Uncle Bob

This last week my little sister Kirstin and I drove to Las Vegas to be with my Aunt Diane and my Dad after my Uncle Bob, his only sibling, had a heart attack on Saturday the 14th. He was admitted to ICU, and his condition worsened all week. We got there on Tuesday, and unfortunately had to leave on Thursday. Uncle Bob passed away on Saturday, November 21, 2009 at about 5pm. We were so grateful that we stopped by and said hi and introduced James last month when we were in Las Vegas for the triathlon. Kirstin also was able to see him again that trip. We will never forget his pranks (sent us usually for Christmas, like fake scratches for cars, bugs in ice cubes, "rattlesnake eggs", and a giant spider on the lamp shade to name a few), his love of Christmas (he would wrap even the batteries for things, with LOTS of tape, it was like his signature) his love of learning (he was always reading), how he loved to visit snow and hear about snowstorms, and his love for animals. He was a wonderful husband, brother, uncle, and friend. We love you and will miss you.

A visit to Las Vegas, Kirstin, Uncle Bob, Aunt Diane, Kendra, and Nathan (I was actually just pregnant in this picture, but we didn't know it yet)

2 comments:

Kate said...

aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle Bob! It is nice that you got to see him and introduce James to him, though. And isn't it funny to look back on pictures and realize that you were pregnant then and didn't even know it? I love looking at pictures the day before I had Hannah, too... so weird to think of life before these little babies, isn't it?

The Manwarings said...

Kendra I am so sorry! It is so wonderful when we can have such great memories to always stay with us during these times. Love to all!