Saturday, August 23, 2008

Nursing School Update

Well, I finally received my state certificate and I'm a state certified nursing assistant, after it had gotten lost in the mail. I had assumed that had happened when my vouchers to take the state test had also been lost in the mail. (I don't really trust the mail system) Nursing school has also started, and I'm three weeks in, but I must admit that it is quite different than what I thought it would be. Honestly it is just a lot...easier than the prerequisite classes. I now remember that people had said you really work hard to get in, and then once you are in, you get taken by surprise because it just gets a lot easier. I talked to my friend Melissa who is a nurse and graduated about two years ago about this, and she said that she hated the actual nursing school for the first year and a half. So, after thinking and talking to Melissa, I'm liking school more and more, and we are now learning how to give shots! I don't know what happened, but I'm not even scared, which is pretty cool. School starts earlier, so I've been learning to wake up really early, but that has cut into my Olympic watching. I'm looking forward to my first clinical though.

4 comments:

Catie said...

Yay Ken! You'll do awesome!!

Kate said...

nice scrubs! i'm glad you're finding school to be a little easier... it must be fun to start actually applying what you've studied! good luck!

John and Victoria said...

Hooray for nurses! Especially nurses named Kendra!

Julie said...

Nice look. It "suits" you well.