Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July!

I love the 4th of July! And this year it was on Friday, so we got a 3 day weekend, and we went to the farm and actually got to stay more than a day, we stayed all 3!! We got there on Thursday evening, and talked with Grandma and Grandpa Haworth. Jason and Nicole came up with us as well. Then on the 4th we went to a parade with just Grandma and Grandpa, and got to collect the candy that was thrown. At the Parade with Grandma and Grandpa:)


Nathan and I at the parade, that is one good looking couple isn't it?

Grandpa Haworth and Kendra chillin' at the parade, wearing our ReD, WhItE, and BlUe

We love small town America, seriously, enough that we want to end up there someday. We of course had to do fireworks of our own that night too!Nathan lighting a light anywhere match on his zipper!

Then we took a beautiful bike ride up there, and found our dream house on 11 acres for sale, we'll just have to wait a few more years:) Then after lunch we went on fourwheelers and saw Mike, Misty, and Tate Porter, and we got them to come to dinner, and then to the fireworks. I love fireworks, and AMERICA!!!

The next day we went with Mike, Misty, and Tate, Nathan's other cousin Dave Porter, his wife Kris, and their kids Jackson and Emma, and Uncle Doug and Aunt Debbie Porter on an awesome fourwheel ride up into the national forest.
Getting ready for the ride, safety first with our helmets

We packed a lunch, and had a great time! It was a six hour ride, and so dusty, but we've also decided that it is worth it to do things like that with our kids when we have them. The kids Tate and Jackson were only 4, and Emma is 20months! I love how they brought the kids along, definatly what we want.

This is when I was driving, thanks to Nathan for the pictures:)
Where we stopped for lunch, absolutely gorgeous in this field.

Nathan and Tate at lunch in the hammock we found, they are best buds.

It was a pretty dusty trip as you can see from our really dirty faces, but it was just as fun as it was dirty, so in other words it was really fun!

Going through a creek on the ride

Mike and Misty at the top of the mountain we got to, Debbie is in the background.

That night we had a BBQ and Doug and Debbie's, and had a great game of Porter Volleyball. Pretty intense! Thanks for having us! We then did some shooting again, and the first skeet that was thrown for me I hit! I didn't hit as many as I'd like, but I'm getting better.
I guess this is my "don't mess with me" face.

Then the next day we went to church with Grandma, Grandpa, Mike, Misty, and Tate. Tate is a cuddle monster, and loves to cuddle, so I had a great buddy during sacrament, he's sooooo cute! I got to help Grandpa feed the horses and cows this weekend, and I was bucking hay and everything. So much fun, I love that sort of stuff!! Jason and Nicole had allergies, and Nathan had just run out of medicine, so I was the only one who went to help, and I loved having that time Grandpa. We had a fantastic meal with grilled steaks afterwards. Thanks guys for an awesome weekend!
Nathan, Kendra, Nicole, Jason, Grandma Haworth, and Grandpa Haworth

2 comments:

Kate said...

wow, after that picture, i definitely don't want to mess with you! glad you guys had a good fourth of july!

Maria said...

Hi guys! It is Ty and Maria Thorpe. We got your blog site from the Thorpes. Looks like you guys are doing great! Our blog is set private but if you send me your email (thorpe.maria@gmail.com) I will send you an invite!