Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SpRiNg BrEaK!!! Part 1

This year I actually had a spring break!!! I know, amazing, and we decided to go to California to enjoy some sun and while there we missed a snow storm! Talk about lucky:) I'll break up the trip into three parts: the zoo, the Wild Animal Park, and LA with Rich and Rachelle. Well, Nathan had to work from the hotel on Tuesday night and Wednesday day, so I went to the zoo myself for the first part of Wednesday. Here are some pictures:

Real Mexican food on Tuesday night

Where we stayed, the Park Manor Suites, which had been an old apartment building that has been redone and is now a hotel. Very nice inside, but at night reminded me of the Twilight Zone


The lobby of the hotel, everything was done in antiques, so I of course loved it


Gorillas, with a baby one too! I think baby gorillas are sooo cute!


A cheetah and a yellow lab? Yep, that is right, these two were raised together, and in order to for the cheetah to come out and be an animal ambassador, she has to see that her friend the lab doesn't think that people are a big deal, then she has no trouble being in front of crowds


Tigers, they were active and very close. There were three just over a year old


Once Nathan was done with his phone conference (4 1/2 hours!) I picked him up and we went back to the zoo. Here we are on the bus tour.


The peacock was doing its thing


A crazy random happenstance! We ran into the Coleman's while at the zoo! Kyle and Tammi are one of Nathan's aunt's and uncle's on his mom's side, and they live in Washington, so what were the odds? We went out to Sizzler after the zoo for some food all together, thanks guys!

1 comments:

Kate said...

How lucky that you get a spring break this year! I wish Adam got a spring break! :) Looks like you had a ton of fun at the zoo... I'm looking forward to going there someday. That baby gorilla is adorable, and I love the lab in there. LOL! It looks like you guys had a nice Easter, too. :) I'm glad to hear that you're doing well!