Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lying Low for a Little While

Sorry haven't updated in a while, but we've been sticking around town, and forgetting our camera most places. I know, you are thinking "what, they haven't been traveling?", well, we will again, but we are getting back into a routine for school and work. We've also had some fun times with our siblings, and friend's Ryan and Michelle and Tom and Kristie. Here is an update from the last few weeks:

Nathan has started carpooling, so now wakes up at 5:30am everyday to leave by six. The good news is that he leaves work between 4 and 4:30, and then gets to come home! Yeah happy day! That has been nice, and it has definitely helped us go to bed earlier.

Kendra started school again, and has four classes and three clinical rotations, yikes! But only four months to go and then done again, yeah! Taking an OB/Peds class has been interesting because all you talk about in OB are the things that can go wrong, which then led to a panic attack in the middle of class, where I had to ask how many pregnancies are normal just to keep from going crazy. 98% are normal, so I felt much better.

The bean is doing great, and even any feelings sickness I had has now gone down to about zero! Thank you baby, and we've made it to second trimester as of tomorrow (which is my first OB clinical as well, a little ironic). I had the first ultrasound a few weeks ago, and yep, we are growing a little alien. Everything looked healthy and normal:)

That is about our life at the moment. I've included a picture of all the seeds I had in one Clementine yesterday...17! Usually there are 2 at the most, so it was pretty crazy (obviously not too much is going on besides work and school if I'm posting a picture of seeds!!!).

17 seeds! From 1 Clementine!

Also check out this new blog I found, it is sooooo funny! http://itsababynotbrainsurgery.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like you guys have been keeping busy! I'm glad you didn't choke on those clementine seeds... dang! :) Glad you're feeling great still! Yay for the second trimester!

Esther said...

congrats on minimal morning sickness!! really what a nice blessing. good luck with everything! (and just keep thinking 98%!) :)
and yes that blog is pretty good! Thanks!
take care!

John and Victoria said...

Hey Kendra
Good to hear that everything is going well for you and that 98% of pregnancies are normal! (I would be freaking out too!)I can't believe that you're already in your second trimester. What a blessing that you're not sick, I can't imagine doing clinicals and having morning sickness! When you finish this semester are you done with school?? And hey when do we get to see your cute little baby bump?? I know you're an incredibly cute prego girl!