Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Best Surprise Finally Revealed!

Okay, so I'll get around to finishing my Christmas post, but I just can't wait to post this good news any longer...we are expecting!!!! Yippee! I've been wanting to post this since we found out, but wanted to wait until we were far enough along before we started telling people. We are due August 7th, and I'm nine weeks along this week. Everything so far is going great, no sickness (maybe just a little, but then I eat and I'm fine), and of course a bit more tired than usual. We are so excited to go hear the heartbeat next week at the doctor. It was lots of fun telling family in person over Christmas. We gave some people bags of mini M&M's with a sign that said "Mini Manwaring is on the Way!". Then for my parents and Grams we got mini snacks to eat during the movie "A Christmas Carol" that we all watched together on Christmas Eve, ie. baby carrots, mini chicken sandwiches, mini snickers, baby waffles, etc. That didn't exactly get the point across, so we also gave them a card saying "Merry Christmas Grandparents" and one to Grams for the great-grandma after the movie. Then they got it, and everyone knows now. We are pretty excited for this new adventure in life:) Can't wait to see you baby!

What a babe looks like at 9 weeks

12 comments:

Tiffeny said...

Congratulations Kendra and Nathan!!!! Babies are so wonderful! I'm so excited for you to be parents! We should get together again soon Kendra! Happy Holidays!

The Manwarings said...

I am so excited for you guys! It will be so fun to have babies together! :) We love you guys! I hope you don't get any bad morning sickness it is not fun!

Morgan said...

congrats you guys, that is so exciting!! hope all goes well!

Lindsay said...

Kendra,

This is so exciting! Congratulations on your little mini Manwaring! You will be such a cute mom! I hope the pregnancy goes well!

Angela said...

Congratulations! So excited for you. I'm putting my guess in early...boy. :) Congrats again!

Adam said...

Okay, I know that I just called you, but I still have to say CONGRATS! It's funny to me to hear all of this and realize that I was in your place almost exactly a year ago! Summer pregnancies are HOT, but you'll do fine. I'm so glad that you're feeling okay so far, and hopefully that sticks for you! We'd love to get together with you guys sometime. You guys available any Saturday nights?

Adam said...

Dangit. Adam is signed in. That comment is so from Kate. And hey, now I've added another comment to your tally! :)

John and Victoria said...

Yay! So exciting, and what great timing to be able to announce to your family! You guys had such cute ideas to tell everyone! Congratulations you two, you're going to be great parents! It's even more exciting when you get to see the picture of your baby... isn't it crazy that it already has a baby shape and you don't even look or feel any different?? This is so wonderful, good luck in the coming months!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

Congratulations guys! That is very exciting news! I'm so happy for you and wish for no sickness to come upon you! :) :) :)

Kristi said...

YEAH!!! That is so exciting! Congrats you guys! How many exclamation points can I use?!?! Seriously though, you guys are going to be wonderful parents. Keep us all posted on how your pregnacy is going. My favorite baby book: Baby Bargains. It has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with buying baby stuff. It has really great, practical advice on what you need and what you don't. Very helpful for new mommies. I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly. Congrats again!

Jo said...

Congrats girl...you'll have to get some new scrubs for clinicals I'm thinking....

Sarah said...

Congrats again!! See you Sunday- Sarah